Fertility Grant Information
New grant dates for the rest of 2016 will be announced after August 1, 2016.
The Pay It Forward Fertility Foundation Board of Directors will select applicants who are uninsured for fertility treatment for a grant that can be used toward fertility treatment at a fertility clinic with using Clomid or another medicine’s, that is a member of the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART). If a patient has additional problems, for example, cancer – the clinic uses the treatment option with Novaldex.
Applications may be received by fax or email. Applications that are received late or that are incomplete will not be reviewed.
While we would love to offer grants to every applicant, not all applicants will receive grants. The grant amounts vary among the grant recipients, and partial and full grants can be awarded. What is covered (i.e. monitoring, lab work, medications, procedures, etc.) under the grant amount will be disclosed to each of the grant recipients at the time of award and funds from the grant will be given directly to the clinic.
There is a $50 application fee for each application submitted. This fee is NONREFUNDABLE. If you decide to withdraw your application between the time that you submit and the board has made a decision, the foundation will still not refund the fee. The application fee is considered a donation and the foundation can provide any paperwork you would need to document the donation. The fee needs to be in form a check made out to: Pay it Forward Fertility Foundation for $50 and to be submitted with application.
Below is a brief description on the grant process once an application has been submitted:
- The application is received into the mailbox for PIFFF and must be postmarked by the due date
- The application packet is opened and checked for completeness
- All applicants receive an email that their application has been received and is moving forward for further review
- At further review, the application is again checked for completeness and thoroughly read and reviewed
- Application is passed on for financial review
- Application is then put in front of Medical board for medical viability
- Then applications are put in front of Board of Directors for final vote
- Background check is run on applications voted on
- Couple(s) are notified that are receiving grants
- Once those couples accept, then we notify all other applicants of board decision
- Please do not contact the foundation during the 6-8 week review process; the foundation is busy reviewing applications; the foundation will contact you if they need more information. The foundation understands that this is a trying time for infertility patients, but know that the foundation works diligently to get the selection as soon as they can.
This whole process does take 6-8 weeks as we are an