Below is a brief description on the grant process once an application has been submitted:
- The application is received into the mailbox for PIFFF and must be postmarked by the due date
- The application packet is opened and checked for completeness
- All applicants receive an email that their application has been received and is moving forward for further review
- At further review, the application is again checked for completeness and thoroughly read and reviewed
- Application is passed on for financial review
- Application is then put in front of Medical board for medical viability
- Then applications are put in front of Board of Directors for final vote
- Background check is run on applications voted on
- Couple(s) are notified that are receiving grants
- Once those couples accept, then we notify all other applicants of board decision
- Please do not contact the foundation during the 6-8 week review process. The foundation is busy reviewing applications and will contact you if more information is needed. The foundation understands that this is a trying time for infertility patients, but know that we work diligently to make the selection as soon as we can.
This whole process does take the entire 6-8 weeks as we are an all volunteer board. We do not take these decisions lightly and will not rush them.