After August 1st, there will be a new application and new application process that will be almost entirely online. The new site is being built at this moment and the foundation looks forward to launching the new application after August 1st, 2016. All the important application information will be posted on this site as well as the online application site. Thank you for your patience.
This is a synopsis of the grant process was being handled in the past:
Below is a brief description on the grant process once an application has been submitted:
- The application is received into the mailbox for PIFFF and must be postmarked by the due date
- The application packet is opened and checked for completeness
- All applicants receive an email that their application has been received and is moving forward for further review
- At further review, the application is again checked for completeness and thoroughly read and reviewed
- Application is passed on for financial review
- Application is then put in front of Medical board for medical viability
- Then applications are put in front of Board of Directors for final vote
- Background check is run on applications voted on
- Couple(s) are notified that are receiving grants
- Once those couples accept, then we notify all other applicants of board decision
- Please do not contact the foundation during the 6-8 week review process; the foundation is busy reviewing applications; the foundation will contact you if they need more information. The foundation understands that this is a trying time for infertility patients, but know that the foundation works diligently to get the selection as soon as they can.
This whole process does tale the entire 6-8 weeks as we are an all volunteer board. We do not take these decisions lightly so we will not rush them.