Have you tried to conceive many times, but it’s not working?
Do you consider yourself relatively healthy?
You may be looking for treatments and have consulted many specialists so far, yet you are still worried about having trouble conceiving. Thankfully, there are several over-the-counter fertility supplements for couples who are struggling to conceive and many brands offer products for women and men specifically.
In this article, we’ll highlight our top 3 picks for the best fertility supplements. Each brand below offers 2 versions of its product in order to best meet the specific health needs of each partner and increase your chances of conceiving.
Comparison of the Best Fertility Supplements for Women and Men
This multivitamin contains 20 essential nutrients for women to support them before, during, and after pregnancy.
This multivitamin contains 8 key nutrients along with a vitality blend.
FertilAid for Women
FertilAid for Women
Multivitamin with powerful proprietary blend of Red Clover, PABA, Eleutherococcus, Vitex, and Ginkgo.
FertilAid for Men
FertilAid for Men
Multivitamin with powerful proprietary blend of L-carnitine, maca powder, Asian ginseng, grape seed extract, and CoQ10.
Multivitamin that contains 12 traceable ingredients including omega-3 DHA sourced from algae.
Essential for Men 18+
Essential for Men 18+
Multivitamin that contains 10 traceable ingredients including omega-3 DHA sourced from algae.
Best Fertility Vitamins – Beli
Beli has created the ultimate prenatal multivitamin and for women and men that’s designed to increase the overall chance of conception and ensure a healthier and safer pregnancy.
Beli for Women contains critical nutrients for all stages of pregnancy and Beli for Men is designed to increase sperm quantity and quality as well as boost overall fertility.
Let’s check out each version in more detail below!
Beli for Women is specifically formulated with 20 essential nutrients that boost fertility, improve overall egg quality, support fetal growth and development, as well as provide adequate nourishment to mothers throughout all trimesters and post-pregnancy.
Some of this product’s key ingredients include:
- 1,000mcg of Methylated Folate
- 400mg of VitaCholine
- 18mg of Ferrochel® Iron Chelate
- 300mcg of Biotin
- 200mcg of Iodine from Kelp
Additionally, Beli for Women includes vitamins B6, B12, C, D, E, and K2 that promote fertility through triggering and supporting normal ovulation, increase cervical mucus, facilitate hormone production, as well as aid egg quality and embryo implantation.
It is recommended for women who are currently pregnant or trying to conceive to take 3 capsules of Beli for Women daily. Women may continue using this product for additional nutrient support post-pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
Beli for Men Beli is specifically formulated with 8 essential nutrients along with a powerful blend of fertility-promoting supplements that are geared towards enhancing cellular health, improving major sperm parameters, and supporting acid-alkaline homeostasis required for sperm survival and function.
This multivitamin contains the following key supplements within its Vitality Blend:
- 100mg of L-Carnitine
- 200mg of L-Arginine
- 250mg of Shilajit Extract
- 100mg of CoQ10
- 110mg of L-Taurine
- 25mg of N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine
Additionally, Beli for Men provides men with vitamin D3, zinc, and selenium that work together to support testosterone production, enhance the overall function of the male reproductive system, and provide sperm protection against damage from reactive oxygen species.
It is recommended for men to take 2 capsules daily starting at least six months prior to trying to conceive.
Best Fertility Supplements – Fairhaven
Fairhaven Health is one of the leading suppliers of all-natural health supplements and offers multivitamins for enhancing fertility and providing support for prenatal health throughout all stages of pregnancy.
The company offers the following 2-in-1 options for women and men that serve as both
fertility pills and comprehensive preconception multivitamin support.
This 2-in-1 multivitamin provides women with the proper nutrients required for boosting fertility and supporting overall reproductive health.
FertilAid for Women contains 17 essential vitamins and minerals along with the following major supplements:
- Red Clover – Increases fertility and promotes implantation.
- PABA (Para-Aminobenzoic Acid) – Supports hormonal function.
- Eleutherococcus Senticosus – Supports adrenal glands, balances hormones, aids the immune system.
- Chaste Tree Berry – Regulates hormone imbalances and promotes a healthy and stable menstrual cycle.
- Ginkgo Biloba – Improves circulation and helps reduce stress.
It is recommended for women to take 3 capsules daily until pregnancy has been confirmed by a urine or blood test. This supplement can be taken in divided doses or all at once, however, it is generally best for women to take individual doses along with food to prevent potential nausea or discomfort.
This potent male fertility supplement is designed to support major sperm health parameters including sperm count, motility, and morphology.
FertilAid for Men contains 19 essential vitamins and minerals along with the following major supplements:
- L-Carnitine (L-Carnitine L-Tartrate) – Improves sperm parameters of motility and morphology.
- Maca (Root) – Increases sperm count and sperm motility.
- Grape Seed Extract – Promotes sperm vitality through antioxidant protection and also increases both sperm count and motility.
- Asian Ginseng Extract (Root) – Supports hormonal function, enhances sexual performance, and improves spermatogenesis.
- CoQ10 – Enhances cellular energy and increases both sperm count and motility.
It is recommended for men to take 3 capsules daily and this supplement can be taken in divided doses or all at once. It is generally best for men to take individual doses along with food to prevent potential nausea or discomfort.
Best DHA for Pregnancy – Ritual
Ritual Vitamins strives to provide its customers with the best multivitamin possible through only including essential nutrients that people truly need while leaving out unnecessary ingredients and fillers.
Katerina Schneider, Ritual’s CEO and founder, actually started the company after numerous failed attempts at finding the right multivitamin for her prenatal needs. Not only was it hard for her to find a company that was fully transparent about its ingredients and sourcing – it was nearly impossible to find a brand that offered a vegan-friendly product that supplemented the specific health needs of those who follow a plant-based diet.
Thus, Katerina created Ritual and teamed up with leading scientists and doctors to create a multivitamin supplement made from the best available nutrients in the most bioavailable form.
We included Ritual as a part of our list due to its inclusion of Omega-3 DHA within its multivitamins. Although many prenatal products contain a wide variety of vitamins and minerals, several leading brands skimp out on DHA which is absolutely essential for fertility, fetal development, and the long-term health of children.
Let’s take a look at Essential Prenatal and Essential for Men 18+!
Essential Prenatal by Ritual provides women with the nutritional support they need throughout all stages of their pregnancy, for both their baby and themselves.
This multivitamin comes packed with 12 traceable ingredients that supply key nutrients required for neural tube support, fetal brain development, blood cell formation, and proper bone health.
Some of the features of this product include:
- 350mg of DHA (algae-derived)
- 55mg of nature-identical choline
- 50mcg of Vitamin D3 (wild-harvested lichen)
- 18mg of Iron (ferrous bisglycinate chelate)
- 1000mcg of methylated folate
In respect to aiding fertility, Essential Prenatal’s inclusion of vitamins B12, D3, E, K2 along with biotin assist with ovulation, hormone production, egg quality, and embryo implantation.
Essential Prenatal comes in delayed-release capsule form and is enhanced with lemon to ease digestion. Women should take 2 capsules daily and it is recommended to start taking this prenatal multivitamin at least three months before conception.
Best Multivitamin for Men – Essential for Men 18+
Essential for Men 18+ provides men with 10 key nutrients required for optimal hormone production, improved sperm parameters, and better overall health.
Some of this product’s major ingredients include:
- 330mg of Omega-3 DHA (algae-derived)
- 50mcg of Vitamin D3 (wild-harvested lichen)
- 30mg of Magnesium (Chelated DiMagnesium Malate)
- 2.4mg of Zinc (Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate)
- 90mcg of Vitamin K2 (Menaquinone -7)
- 0.7mcg of Boron (Calcium Fructoborate)
This multivitamin also contains Vitamins B12 and E to promote energy and provide antioxidant support against toxins generated by free radicals.
Essential for Men 18+ comes in delayed-release capsule form and is enhanced with mint to ease digestion. Men should take 2 capsules daily, preferably three or more months prior to trying to conceive with their partner.
You might be wondering how a supplement can help get you pregnant. And while it all might sound a little crazy to you right now, these pills have been proven to be extremely helpful in helping many women to achieve a healthy pregnancy.
So, have faith and try these pills after selecting the top choice for you.
Keep in mind that:
- These over-the-counter pills can enhance reproductive fertility in women.
- In women, fertility pills are used to stimulate follicle development of the ovary.
- They contain various hormone stimulants, where some have simple combinations of essential minerals and hormones — studies show these help in balancing the hormones and bringing back proper menstrual functioning.
- If you are amongst those women who have ever faced or are facing the problem of PCOD (Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease) or PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome), you would better understand the entire hormonal imbalance thing.
- You must consult with your physician first, and understand more in-depth information about these pills regarding your treatment and specific situation.
- The best part is, an over-the-counter fertility pill is easy to use and the success rate is promising for these, so they’re definitely worth giving a try.
In general, fertility pills generally work as hormones that are Follicle-stimulating hormones (FSH) and luteinizing hormones (LH). They are used to help ovulate so that eggs can be fertilized by the sperm. These type of pills aim to produce better eggs, or to produce extra eggs, in case anyone is aiming for twin children.
To understand the action of pills on our body, hormones taken through pills stimulate the
hypothalamus, which releases GnRH (Gonadotropin Releasing hormone). Which again stimulates the anterior pituitary, and it releases LH and FSH, which helps to stimulate follicle production or in simple language egg production.
So I hope you can understand the basic model of action of these pills on our body.
With every blessing, there is a potential downside, too, so be mindful and take the precautions you need to.
To help you prevent any kind of ill effects of any pill, we have listed all sorts of major side effects that can occur. Even though the ones listed below are not too common, it’s important to be aware of this anyway, so that you can be prepared and prevent any such kind of issues.
- The use of pills is sometimes related to other ovarian cancer risk factors, which complicates the direct contribution of the fertility pills to ovarian cancer.
- Estrogen antagonists and Gonadotropins may stimulate multiple follicles, and other ovarian hormones leading to multiple births and possible ovarian hyperstimulation
- The development of OHSS is dependent on (hCG) human chorionic gonadotropin.
- Multiple births are especially dangerous due to compounding risk including premature delivery, low birth weight, and increased risk of neonatal mortality.
Be mindful as pills can be a blessing as well, and can only produce negative effects if you are irresponsible. So, as we said before, select the best over the counter fertility pills mindfully.
Taking Charge of Your Fertility
In the end, as we all know, it varies from body to body and we cannot predict anything with 100% accuracy. So be mindful and do listen to your body!
To all the women out there reading this article, nothing in this world can stop you from receiving any happiness if your mind and heart want it. There’s always a solution to every problem, and there is regarding this issue of fertility too!
We hope this article was helpful, and you received all the information you needed to decide the five best fertility pills to get pregnant.
We would love to hear from you!
Leave us a comment below!