- Comparison of the 5 Best Male Fertility Supplements
- Best Fertility Vitamins – Beli Vitality for Men
- Best Multivitamin for Men – FH Pro for Men
- Best Multivitamin for Erectile Dysfunction – FertilAid for Men by Fairhaven Health
- Best Maca Supplement – Organic Maca Fertility Supplement by Fairhaven Health
- Best B Vitamin Complex – CountBoost for Men by Fairhaven Health
- Male Factor Infertility
- Male Fertility Test
- Male Fertility Supplements
- Male Fertility Vitamins
- Fertility Herbs
- Best Brands for Men
- Fairhaven Health
- How Can You Improve Sperm Quality Naturally?
- Foods to Improve Sperm Count
- Exercise for Fertility Improvements
- Time and Stress Management
- Quit Bad Habits
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Word
The inability to conceive a child is a very delicate topic to discuss. Male infertility has many causes, and thereby, can be treated in different ways.
Taking male fertility supplements is one of these ways, as it may improve sperm quality, and hence, increase the chances to have a baby. Along with that, such supplements are considered safe and won’t mess with your health.
Check out the 5 best male fertility supplements right below as well as some useful information and tips about them!
Comparison of the 5 Best Male Fertility Supplements
Beli has produced the ultimate multivitamin for men that’s designed to improve sperm health and increase a couple’s chances of conceiving.
This multivitamin contains 8 key nutrients along with a vitality blend composed of potent supplements that work together to improve parameters including:
- Sperm quality
- Sperm count
- Sperm motility
- Sperm morphology
- Egg penetration
- Cellular health and energy
What makes this product stand out among its competitors is the inclusion of CoQ10 and Shilajit. These essential ingredients for men restore energetic balance and enhance vitality and studies have displayed the ability of both supplements to improve sperm count and overall sperm quality.
It is recommended for men to take 2 capsules daily starting at least six months prior to trying to conceive.
The FH Pro is one of the best male fertility supplements that help improve sperm count, motility, and morphology, which are crucial for male reproductive health.
There are more than 25 active components in the blend, including zinc, folate, selenium, chromium, and a mix of fat-soluble and water-soluble vitamins to provide a male body with all the essentials for making healthy sperm cells.
But that’s not it! The FH Pro also contains conditionally essential amino acids and powerful antioxidants, such as lycopene and CoQ10, that reduce oxidative stress and improve immune health.
One serving size of the FH Pro is 6 capsules, and you can break it down into three equal parts and take during the day. The whole jar contains 180 capsules, which is enough for a 1-month supplementation course.
According to positive user feedback, FertilAid is among the top-rated male fertility supplements available on the market today. The manufacturer states that these pills have scientifically proven effects on increasing the number of motile sperm a man can produce.
Basically, FertilAid is a vitamin and mineral blend. It contains all the fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K), B vitamins (including folate), vitamin C, and important minerals, such as zinc, selenium, and chromium.
Also, the supplement features a proprietary blend of L-carnitine, maca powder, Asian ginseng, grape seed extract, and CoQ10.
The serving size is 3 capsules, and the whole jar is enough for a month of supplementation.
This top-rated male fertility supplement won’t surprise you with a complicated formulation: it only contains 500 mg of organic maca root powder per serving. And yes, it may be as effective for treating your fertility issues as multi-component blends.
Maca is an adaptogenic herb, which means it can reduce the stress impact on male reproductive health. Stress may cause hormonal imbalance, affecting healthy spermatogenesis and making a man more prone to different fertility issues.
Along with that, maca can improve libido in men, and by increasing the frequency of sexual activity, you may increase the chances of conceiving a baby.
One serving of the Maca Fertility Supplement is equal to 1 capsule, and you get a 2-month supply that you can share with your partner, as maca is suitable for both men and women.
The Countboost is a top-rated male fertility supplement designed to improve sperm count. It’s formulated with the proprietary herbal blend that contains ashwagandha, maca root powder, Panax ginseng, and CoQ10 among other ingredients. This blend is additionally powered by inositol, vitamin B12, ascorbic acid, and riboflavin to provide antioxidant support and fight oxidative damage.
According to the manufacturer, you need to take the CountBoost as an extension to your FertilAid course to enhance the effects even further. So, it isn’t a standalone product.
One serving of the Countboost is 2 capsules and you can divide it in half and take with meals. One jar will last you for two months.
Male Factor Infertility
Male fertility problems are more common than some may think, although men sometimes struggle to discuss their issues even with their healthcare practitioners.
According to the American Pregnancy Association, infertility affects every sixth couple, and male infertility factors can be found in as many as 30% of all cases.
Thus, if you’re suspecting that you have this problem, you’re not alone and there’s nothing to be ashamed of.
According to science, there are three main causes of male infertility:
- a hypothalamic disorder;
- sperm transport disorder;
- gonad disorder.
Aside from that, about half of all infertility cases have unknown causes.
Now, to make it simple, male infertility happens because the sperm is considered ‘abnormal’, which may mean one of the following:
- Low count of sperm cells, which lowers the chances to reach an egg.
- Low motility of sperm cells, which means that they move more slowly than usual.
- Low vitality of sperm cells, meaning that they have a shorter lifespan compared to healthy sperm and die faster than they reach an egg.
Male Fertility Test
Since numerous factors contribute to sperm abnormalities — including urinary tract infections, hormonal imbalance, substance abuse, and high levels of stress — the most correct way to find out if you need vitamins for men is to go through a thorough medical examination, which includes the following:
- semen analysis;
- a blood test to determine hormonal levels;
- doing a urethral discharge culture to find out possible infections;
- physical examinations of genitals.
Semen analysis is the most important part of the examination. It allows the doctor to monitor the following parameters:
- Sperm count. Normal sperm count is between 20 and 300 million per milliliter. Less than 10 million is considered poor.
- Volume. The normal amount of semen produced during ejaculation is about 2 milliliters. Lower volume may signal about prostate gland problems or issues with seminal vesicles.
- Motility. This parameter shows the number of active cells and their movement. The minimum percentage of active cells should be 50% and aim for 100%, while movement is measured using a scale from 0 to 4, where 3 is considered the minimum.
- Morphology. Finally, the specialist will look at the shape and size of sperm cells, as this defines their ability to reach an egg and fertilize it. Healthy sperm should have at least 30% of ‘normal’ cells.
But how do you know that it’s time to see your doctor and do all these tests?
The answer is:
Look for the following symptoms:
- Changes in sexual desire. Changes in libido are governed by hormones, and any changes in the production of hormones may lead to possible fertility issues.
- Erectile dysfunction. Problems with maintaining an erection can be linked to low levels of testosterone, and hence, lower chances to conceive.
- Pain or swelling in testicles. These symptoms might also indicate possible issues with fertility.
If you notice any of these symptoms, it’s better to address them to your healthcare practitioner to get the right diagnosis and start your treatment sooner.
Male Fertility Supplements
Treating male fertility problems requires a comprehensive approach. That’s why most of the modern supplements addressing this problem have a formulation that includes different types of nutrients.
Male Fertility Vitamins
Many essential nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, have antioxidant properties, but if the aim is to increase sperm count or fight other effects of male infertility, you’ll probably encounter the following nutrients in your supplement blend:
- Vitamin C. Ascorbic acid is a powerful antioxidant that is vital for a lot of body functions. It may improve the vitality of sperm cells and reduce the number of DNA mutations inside them.
- Vitamin E. Research suggests that vitamin E may improve sperm motility and increase the number of active cells in individuals who had poor sperm count.
- CoQ10. Coenzyme CoQ10 might improve the motility of sperm cells and increase their count, however, the studies conducted on this topic didn’t touch on the effects of CoQ10 on chances of getting pregnant, so more data is needed for further evaluation.
- N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC). NAC may protect the sperm cells from DNA damage, thereby reducing the risks of mutation and improving morphology. Also, it may improve motility.
- Folic Acid. Folic acid used to be commonly considered an essential element for female reproductive health. But it turns out, it may also help men increase sperm volume and counts when taken along with zinc. Still, more research is needed to determine if this is true.
- Selenium. Selenium is involved in spermatogenesis, meaning it can help a man produce more semen and improve sperm quality.
- Zinc. Zinc is essential for good sperm health. It’s a proven testosterone booster, which promotes higher sperm volume, count, and motility. Along with that, zinc reduces the amount of DNA damage in the sperm cells.
- Chromium. Chromium is essential for active sperm, as it improves motility and morphology of sperm cells.
- Manganese. Manganese works as a catalyst for producing important enzymes that regulate sperm count and motility. Low levels of this element may be linked to reduced sperm quality and an increased amount of slow cells.
Finally, almost any fertility booster today features some sort of proprietary blend of herbal extracts, which typically includes the following names:
- Saw palmetto. This herb inhibits testosterone breakdown, thereby increasing the levels of this hormone in the blood. Since low testosterone levels contribute to poor sperm count, it’s believed that saw palmetto might help improve this parameter.
- Maca root powder. Maca root powder positively affects all parameters of healthy sperm. It may improve sperm volume, count, motility, and morphology in cells, and it has great antioxidant properties.
- Ashwagandha. Ashwagandha is a powerful adaptogenic herb, meaning it can help you deal with stress. Since stress is a major hormonal disruptor, managing it with adaptogens could improve your overall hormonal situation. Along with that, ashwagandha has shown the positive effects on sperm motility and the number of mutated cells.
- Asian ginseng. In Asian culture, ginseng is considered one of the most powerful aphrodisiacs, meaning it’s believed to increase sexual desire and arousal. This herb may increase sperm volume and boost the overall vitality of the cells thanks to its antioxidant effects.
Best Brands for Men
There are a ton of factors to keep in mind when selecting the right brand for male fertility supplements. Not only should you select a brand that supplies products with high-quality ingredients but you should also ensure that the brand adheres to the best possible manufacturing methods possible and also provides fertility solutions for both men and women.
Let’s now discuss 2 of the best brands available when it comes to fertility!
Up first on our list of the best fertility brands is Fairhaven Health. This brand is one of the leading suppliers of all-natural health supplements that provide support in the areas of fertility, pregnancy, breastfeeding, and overall health for men and women.
Fairhaven’s mission is to provide couples with the right information and tools required to support reproductive health and fertility. The company is ISO 13485-certified, adheres to strict GMP conditions, and uses the safest and highest quality ingredients available in all of its products.
Some of Fairhaven’s most popular products include vitamins and supplements for fertility, teas and herbs for detox and healing, breastfeeding vitamins and supplements, as well as pregnancy and ovulation tests.to contents ↑
Beli is another major brand on our list for fertility supplements. This company has created the ultimate prenatal multivitamin for both men and women in order to increase the overall chances of conception and to ensure a safer pregnancy.
Both versions of Beli’s multivitamin contain highly-activated, bioavailable nutrients at optimal concentrations for prenatal health. Beli for Women contains critical nutrients for all stages of pregnancy and Beli for Men is designed to increase sperm quantity and quality as well as boost overall fertility.
How Can You Improve Sperm Quality Naturally?
If you’re not yet sure about taking male fertility supplements, here’s the good news:
You can try to improve your sperm quality naturally.
Foods to Improve Sperm Count
All the vitamins and antioxidants used for making fertility supplements are derived from food sources. Here’s a brief list of foods that increase sperm count and contribute to sperm health:
- Seafood. Shellfish, oysters, and crabs are a great source of zinc, which, as mentioned above, is very beneficial for sperm health.
- Whole grains and nuts. Aside from containing zinc, these are rich in folate — a B vitamin that can increase the percentage of active sperm cells and improve their motility.
- Dairy and eggs. Dairy products can fuel you with B12 vitamin, which may positively affect sperm count and reduce DNA damage in the cells.
- Colorful fruits and veggies (especially red and yellow). These are rich in vitamin C, which is needed for maintaining healthy morphology, motility, and vitality of sperm cells.
- Lean meat, organ meat, and poultry. Meat products can replenish your levels of coenzyme CoQ10, which is linked to better sperm motility and count.
Exercise for Fertility Improvements
Physical activity is one of the proven ways to increase sperm count because it’s a powerful testosterone booster.
Even short aerobic activity, such as running or swimming, may increase the volume and count of sperm.
Along with that, staying active keeps you in shape and prevents obesity, which is thought to be another risk factor for male infertility.
Time and Stress Management
Not only is stress linked to a host of health disorders, but it also defines how your body uses energy. When you’re stressed out, the body prepares the ‘fight-or-flight’ response and conserves energy that is necessary for reproduction needs. It’s an evolutionary mechanism that can explain the connection between chronic stress and fertility problems.
So, you need to manage and work through stress issues. Allow yourself some time to wind down, and seek professional help if you suspect that your stress issues are getting worse.
Quit Bad Habits
Smoking is a bad habit in many ways. It results in huge oxidative stress for your body, which negatively affects sperm quality, thereby lowering your chances to become a dad. Also, nicotine has vasoconstricting effects, meaning it causes your blood vessels to narrow. This can limit blood flow to the penile veins, making it difficult to maintain an erection.
The same applies to alcohol. Alcoholic beverages can lower your testosterone levels and affect other male hormones too, which may impact the overall sperm quality.
With that said, quitting bad habits — at least for a while — is highly recommended if you are willing to become a dad in the nearest future.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s be honest here:
Studies show mixed results on this topic. But that doesn’t mean that fertility boosters don’t work at all.
Some of them help you manage stress, while others increase your testosterone levels. No supplement will work as a magic pill that will solve your problems. Still, as a part of the complex approach, male fertility supplements can be a great tool.
For starters, let’s define what ‘quickly’ means. Usually, sperm quality doesn’t drop overnight, so it’s impossible to restore it at once either. But if you go gradually and have some level of commitment to your new lifestyle habits and diet changes, you might increase your sperm count, as well as other parameters, in about a month or two.
It depends on their type and formulation, as well as on your health condition and the cause of fertility issues.
Usually, one bottle contains enough servings to set you up for 4-8 weeks of supplementation. Some supplements, including some of those listed above, are designed for a longer course — up to 12 weeks. However, most fertility blends should be taken until the conception happens and your partner gets pregnant, which may happen sooner.
If your fertility problems are reversible — say, if they are caused by substance abuse, high-stress levels, or mild hormonal imbalance that can be fixed with the help of a therapist — then yes, you can bring your sperm quality back to normal and restore your fertility.
Male infertility is a common problem. It takes up to one-third of all known infertility cases. Its main cause lies in sperm abnormalities that make it difficult for sperm cells to reach and fertilize an egg.
However, if these sperm abnormalities aren’t caused by genetic issues, chronic hormonal imbalance, or irreversible injuries in the groin area, then male infertility can be treated through supplementation and simple lifestyle and diet changes.
Most male fertility supplements today feature a blend of antioxidants, vitamins, and trace minerals, and are generally harmless for a man’s health. However, they’re not regulated by the FDA, so consulting with a healthcare specialist is highly advised before taking any pills.