Although there are several different medical conditions and genetic factors that can contribute to fertility problems in men, most men are able to increase their fertility through the use of key vitamins, minerals, and supplements. In order to improve their chances of conceiving a child with their partner, men should ensure that they incorporate these essential nutrients into their diet on a daily basis throughout the course of several months or even years.
We’ve also found the best at home fertility tests and reviewed them individually.
In this article, we’ll explore what the best vitamins and minerals are for improving male fertility and also review the 5 best male fertility supplements available. We’ll also highlight each product’s key features and the specific nutrients they provide for male fertility.
Comparison of the 5 Best Male Fertility Supplements
Beli Men’s Vitality
Standing apart from all the Amazon supplements flooding the market, we have Beli.
Beli is a new player positioning themselves as the end all to the confusing mens fertility supplements. They’ve created this formula around Shilajit, a supplement thats proven to increase sperm count, growth, swim speed and overall quality. Beli
With free shipping, Beli estimates that it will take you three months to increase the quality of your sperm enough to conceive, however they recommend starting the supplementation six months prior to attempted conception.
Muscle + Brawn Readers Get An Exclusive 10% off Their Orders By Code Muscleandbrawn10
Testo Lab Pro
This product combines high-quality standardized KSM-66 Ashwagandha extract containing 5% withanolides with essential vitamins and minerals for optimal testosterone production.
It covers the most common vitamin deficiencies, such as vitamin D, K, and magnesium, and it also contains Mucuna Pruriens.
Ashwagandha and Mucuna Prurients are both investigated as herbs that might improve male fertility
D-Aspartic Acid is not an effective testosterone booster but studies have revealed that it improves sperm quality.
You have the option to complete a quick assessment on their website so they can recommend the best vitamin packs for your goals. Some interesting questions from their assessment include if you’re following any specific types of diets and if you have any allergies.
You’ll also be asked about your health conditions and any medications you’re taking. This is to avoid recommending vitamins that may interfere with your medications.
Alternatively, you also have the option to filter vitamins by selecting your needs on the product page. E.g., if you choose ‘sleep’ as your need, you’ll be recommended to try vitamins that may help improve sleep quality.
Muscle + Brawn Readers Get An Exclusive 40% off Their Orders By Using Our Link Below
Best Supplement For Circulation – Semenoll
While it’s crucial to improve sperm parameters to raise your chances of conceiving, it’s equally as important to support sexual performance by improving blood flow and boosting sexual desire.
Semenoll was created to do both!
This supplement comes packed with antioxidants, amino acids, and herbs to support a steady flow of oxygen-rich blood that improves a man’s ability to have and maintain an erection.
Some of its most notable ingredients tied to improvements in circulation include Tribulus Terrestris, maca root extract, l-arginine hydrochloride, l-lysine hydrochloride, pumpkin seed, and Muira Pauma.
It is recommended for men to take 3 capsules daily. Most men report significant improvements within 3 months of use.
Rootine Custom Vitamins
Rootine provides men with the ultimate custom multivitamin that incorporates their DNA, blood nutrient info, and lifestyle habits into its formulation.
While most other vitamins are just amalgamations of what the average man needs, these are made to order with exact dosages and come as part of a monthly subscription that refills automatically.
Male Infertility Treatment
Potential medical treatment for male infertility includes the use of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs, however, some men may choose to increase their fertility naturally through the use of key nutrients including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and various supplements. Since the cause of male subfertility is related to several factors, doctors have more recently started to encourage the use of nutraceuticals in order to combat the effects of bad lifestyle habits, poor diet, and damage from oxidative stress.
Male Fertility Vitamins
There are several vitamins that men can take to improve their overall fertility and sperm count. The following vitamins have been shown to help men increase their overall sperm count as well as aid sperm motility and morphology:
- Vitamin C is one of the most important vitamins in the treatment of male infertility. It’s an antioxidant that increases sperm count and also improves sperm motility along with sperm morphology.
- Vitamins D3 and K2 support the healthy growth of the nucleus of the sperm cell and also promote the quality of semen and sperm count. Additionally, Osteocalcin, the protein hormone that stimulates testosterone and is required in sperm production, is dependent on these two vitamins for survival.
- Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant that boosts sperm count, sperm quality, and motility.
- Vitamin B9, also known as folic acid, is a co-factor in the production of nitric oxide and helps to increase blood flow in the body. Additionally, it plays a huge role in cell growth and division and is necessary for DNA synthesis. Men who have lower levels of folic acid generally have lower sperm motility as well as lower sperm count.
- Vitamin B12 is another critical nutrient to improving sperm health and increasing total sperm count since it’s involved in cell maturation and DNA synthesis.
Zinc and Selenium
Two of the most important minerals for male fertility are zinc and selenium.
Zinc has been shown to improve sperm motility as well as increase testosterone and sperm count. This trace mineral is critical for the overall function of the male reproductive system and is required for successful spermatogenesis.
Selenium serves as an antioxidant and also aids sperm motility. It is an essential trace mineral and reduces the risk of sperm being damaged by the production of reactive oxygen species.
In addition to taking the above vitamins and minerals, men who suffer from fertility issues should also incorporate the following supplements into their diet to increase their fertility as well as improve their overall sperm count and sperm quality:
- Arginine is an amino acid that acts as an antioxidant as well as improves both sperm quality and sperm count.
- Omega-3 fatty acids help improve sperm quality and quantity by increasing nitric oxide production which maximizes blood flow to the testicles.
- Ashwagandha has traditionally used for both physical and mental performance enhancement and its active withanolides have been shown to help increase testosterone.
- Mucuna pruriens (Velvet Bean) is a herb that has been shown to significantly increase testosterone in men with low sperm count.
- D-Aspartic Acid Calcium Chelate (D-AA-CC) is an amino acid that supports testosterone production.
- Astaxanthin has been shown to improve sperm parameters, like count and motility.
- CoQ10 has been shown to improve sperm motility in infertile men.
Sperm Test Kit
Many men select the use of at-home sperm test kits over going to a traditional fertility clinic in order to save money and maintain privacy. Sperm test kits are now widely available and can be directly shipped to consumers.
Many direct to consumer brands are offering men access to a clinical-grade fertility analysis that provides each man with his own detailed fertility report. These reports tend to provide information on the major health parameters of sperm including volume, count, concentration, motility, and morphology. Additionally, they include personalized recommendations for treatment based on results and also provides access to a client service advisor in order to ensure successful testing and provide the best options for treatment.